Monday, February 27, 2012

Mabelle RO: Friends Flower

Happy Monday!

Today, I used a Mabelle R.O. rubber stamp set called Friends {again}. I've been thinking about this card for awhile. Since, I bought the cloud dies from PaperTrey Ink which was several months ago.

I stamped the flower with Memento Black ink, colored it with Copic markers (R32, R35, R46, Y35, Y38, YG93, YG95, YG97) and created some grass.  Using some plastic mesh as a spacing guide, I pierced the paper then used light blue cross stitch floss and a needle to create the rain.  

For the clouds, I used rustic white cardstock (PTI), which is an off white.  I wanted a little contrast with the true white background.  I also used W-1 Copic marker on the bottom edge to create some shadow.  Both clouds are popped with pop dots.  The sun is a 1" diameter punch from Bazzill Lemon Bliss cardstock.   The base card is PTI Pure Poppy.

Happy Mabelle Monday!
Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb

6 comments:

  1. To take such a simple image and make one of the cutest cards ever!! You are so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! What kind of sentiment would you add to a "rain" card? I've been looking at the die cuts on Papertrey Ink. Some are very clever. I may have to look again. Great card, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this! I have the cloud dies from AMUSE and haven't figured out what in the world to do with them. Now I have a GREAT idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I love your clouds and how you stitched the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so, so cute! Love the stitched raindrops.

    ReplyDelete