Saturday, March 24, 2018

Sympathy - Brayer Ink Background


Happy Saturday!

I was looking through Pinterest for inspiration and was reminded of a brayer technique I hadn't done in years with reinker inks and baby wipe.

I placed the wipe on a large acrylic block and inked it with purples, blues and greens.  Then I used a brayer to pick up the stripes and apply the ink to the paper.  Originally I was hoping to create a landscape scene, but it I didn't come up with anything I liked so I just die cut the background and stamped a the sentiment and added some smooth bubble gems.




The mat is vellum, another inspiration from a card I saw online.  I always forget about using vellum, it adds a lot of interest.   

In the end this card took 3 weeks to come together.  Sometimes it is just hard, but I love how it came together in the end.

Here is a second card with the background, this one I pressed the paper on the inked wipe so the texture transferred.



Details:
Stamp: The Cat's Meow - Hope Blooms
Die: Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Papers: PTI White, Indigo Blue, Vellum
Embellishments: Recollections smooth bubble gems

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessing to You,
Deb

2 comments: