Wednesday, October 26, 2011

{TAC} Post 2: Lovely Butterfly

Happy {TAC} Wednesday,

Today, I have another post using a TAC image, Lovely Butterfly.  This was my design team swap and the project handout for my presentation at seminar back in June.

The technique presented was using multiple mediums (Copic, Chalk, Ink - in that order) to create a vintage look.  I started with coloring the Copic parts of the image.
Copic Colors: Face E21, R01 (cheek),
Dress RV63, V12, Accents YR21, YR23, V06

Then I added some light blue pastel chalk to the upper half of the image and green chalk to the lower half.  I cut a round sponge in half and used the flat to brush off the excess chalk.  The great thing about chalk is it is erasable!  Don't like it or went into your image get out an eraser and touch things up - love that.
Next, I used the round portion of my sponge to apply Palette Cognac ink to the edges. I dab the sponge in the ink and start off the page and blot inward keeping the darkest ink at the edge and lighter ink farther in. You can also drag or rub the inked sponge on your image.
Lastly, I added Palette Burnt Umber ink over that, not going as far into the image. Sometimes I get heavy handed with the distressing, it is all personal taste.  I also run the 4 edges of the image in the ink pad to get a nice dark edge.
This was my finished swap. 

I cut a piece of cardstock 3.5" x 9.25" and scored at 2.25", 4.5", 4.75". Your average square note pad is 3". I matted the note pad with brown cardstock 3.25" square. The image was matted with brown cardstock also and the bottom half was attached to the front. (Note: the notepads I used were thin less that .25" thick, adjust accordingly for thicker notepads)

Hope enjoyed today's post - check out what the other chicks are up to...

Debra Miller <--- You are Here
Christine Pennington (Coordinator)
Abundant Blessings,
Deb

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is wonderful! I love how you explained your coloring process, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project! Loving your tutorials... I am learning so much! Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really so breathtaking Debra, I could just sit and look at it. The coloring is lovely and with just two colors...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for another tutorial! I have mine right on my craft desk at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely. I love how you did the edges and the purple is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project, I have made many of these since convention for friends, so glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Deb!! I'm so thrilled to be working with you this month at Amber Ink!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, it is so breathtaking!Love the tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous project! Thanks so much for the step-by-step. It really helps to break down into easy pieces what at first seems unbelievably complicated. Your coloring is flawless and I love how the dark edges makes the focal image glow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely!! I admire you so much!!

    ReplyDelete