Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Relax and Fish - Sneak Peek!

Today we have another Sneak Peek! I can't wait to see the catalogue at the end of the month. From the bits I've seen we are going to have some fabulous new images. This is Relax & Fish - isn't it a great masculine image? I had a LOT of fun coloring it.

Like usual, I studied the image. I actually searched online to get an idea how to color the fish. Is it a Salmon? Rainbow trout? Still not sure. I picked a salmon. Then I compared my general color palette to my TAC paper swatch book and came up with Winchester as a great match for the colors I had in mind.

I colored the image with Copic markers. I ended up using a lot of colors and even some of the new ones released this year.
Fish: W1, W3, R01, R02, E30; Trees and Foliage: E31, E33, E55, E57, E59, E87, YG91, BG93; Water: BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, B21; Fisherman: E21, E13, YR24, W3, YG91

The sky is a light pastel blue chalk. The edges of the image are sponged with Cognac and Burnt Umber Palette ink.

This image has my Dad written all over it. So I added "for you Dad" from Thinking of You...one of my favorite word sets. Also some hemp cord from the local craft store, just a little rustic touch to finish it off.
Supplies-- Stamps: T-3473 Relax & Fish, Thinking of You, Papers: Winchester SWIC and Cardstock, Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Cognac and Burnt Umber Palette ink, Copics, Pastel chalks, hemp cord.

You can purchase this stamp before the catalog comes out for only $6.95 ($8.95 retail).  This offer ends June 30th.

Hope you enjoy today's Sneak Peek! 

Abundant Blessings,
Deb

Upcoming Events:

This Friday, June 10th we are having a hop right here. Hope you come back and join us - the theme is "Favorite Angel Company set"...Whatever YOUR favorite is!

Next Tuesday, June 14th, Kerry will have another sneak peek so be sure to check back!

4 comments: