Monday, January 16, 2012

Mabelle RO: Lucy's Valentine

Happy Monday!

It is Mabelle RO Monday once again.  This week, I have a furry image to enter into Christine's coloring challenge.  I'm featuring "Lucy's Valentine" and non-traditional colors. 

My inspiration was the patterned paper, Fancy Pants "Beach Bum" (retired - may be on clearance somewhere online) to tie in with Lucy's cute dress.
To simulate fur, I like to use a "dot method" seen best on the arms.  I layer dots of dark and light browns with the 0 Copic marker to create the look of texture, depth and dimension.

I used a large scallop edge die from PTI to mimic the red trim on Lucy's dress.

Copic Colors: Y32, Y35, Y38, B41, B45, R32, R35, R37, R46, G20, YG23, YG63, E31, E33, E35, 0

Supplies -- Mabelle RO "Lucy's Valentine", Fancy Pants "Beach Bum", Bazzill Loganberry Pie, PTI Pure Poppy, Copic XPress-It cardstock, PTI Large scallop die, Copic Markers, Sewing Machine

Christine's Coloring Challenge Details

1) You must color an image that has fur and use it on your project {use a non-traditional color combo like I did and share your tip}. You can make a card, a poster, or you can alter something--basically I don't care what you make for your project as long as you have a colored image on it. You DO NOT have to use Copics, you can use anything you want to use to color.

2) If you use a Mabelle RO Whimsy and Stars Studio digital, you will be entered twice in the random drawing.

3) Bonus, post my challenge on your blog or facebook to get your name entered a third time.

This challenge ends Friday, January 20th. 

Thanks for stopping by...
Blessings,
Deb


get the InLinkz code

4 comments:

  1. Deb-this card is way too cute! I love how you did her dress to match the paper! Thank you for playing along with my challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debra, this little mouse is so very sweet! I love your colouring and the great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Great layout and I too love the dots...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how her skirt mimics the background! Great job!

    ReplyDelete