Wednesday, November 9, 2011

{TAC} Post 3: New Creation

Today I'm featuring a project: a covered composition notebook. I have made several of these over the past couple months and they all turned out different. 
I thought this would be a great notebook for bible study, a prayer journal, any purpose really. It has a matching pen and bookmark. I used Maggie SWIC, cardstock and ribbon for this project. The stamp set is TAC New Creation.
I found Pentel brand pens at WalMart. The great thing about these pens is the end of the pen twists off, so patterned paper can be inserted in the barrel. LOVE that.

I covered the front and back covers of the notebook with Maggie light purple cardstock. It was cut to 8" x 12", then I ran it thru my Xyron machine to make it a huge sticker. The inner liner piece is also from Maggie, cut to 9-1/2" x 6-3/4", then ran thru the Xyron machine.
I lined up the cardstock with the edge of the black binding on the notebook for both the front and back. There was about 1" of cardstock hanging over on the 3 sides.

I cut the corner out of the cardstock creating 3 tabs.
Folded the tabs over.

I didn't worry about the rounded corner on the notebook, I made it square and bent over the point, like a hard cover book.
The front cover was straight forward, just added the patterned liner piece on the inside to finish it. The back cover, however, I taped down the ends of the ribbon bookmark and loops (front and back) for the pen first, then added my inner liner.
I stamped the image using Mementos Tuxedo Black ink on Ivory cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers. Before I started, I tested my colors on a scrap piece of ivory paper - YR15, YR21, YR23, YR24, V20, V25, RV63, RV66, RV69, YG93, YG97, YG99.

I added some pastel blue chalk as a background. I went over the whole image, which does give the colored areas a cloudy look. The great thing about chalk is that it is erasable. I did go over the colored areas with an eraser so the colors would be more vibrant. I distressed the image around the edges with Cognac palette ink, then added some Burnt Umber palette ink. This is my favorite distressing/aging technique.

The image is matted with Maggie dark purple, green cardstock.  I added ribbon and a bow (Maggie). The image is attached to the front cover with pop dots.

Supplies -- Stamps: TAC New Creation, Papers: Maggie SWIC and Cardstock, Kraft and Brown Cardstock, Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cognac Palette, Burnt Umber Palette, Pastel Chalks, Copic Markers.

Here are a couple other versions:

TAC God So Loved and TAC Winchester SWIC 
Copic on Kraft cardstock: YR15, YR21, YR23, YR24, E55, E57, E59, V17, V25

Check out what the other chicks are up to today...
Debra Miller <--- You are Here
Christine Pennington (Coordinator)

Hope you have a Fabulous Day!

Blessings,
Deb




11 comments:

  1. wow1 such lovely creations.. stunning... I really wish we had the wealth of papers to choose from like you do there...
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, Deb, and nice tutorial. You are certainly busy on your blogs - lots of posts! Bravo for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely indeed my friend!! the coloring is outstanding and the tutorial spectacular!!! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You've been busy! These are fabulous! Love how you explained how you covered these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I grow up I want to be as awesome as you! These are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects and all the colors! This is something Im gonna CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty! I have done these before, but never added the ribbon loops for the pen... LOVE that idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful projects, thanks for giving the instructions with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing what you've done with these! Wonderful inspiration! Love the verses.

    ReplyDelete